Below is a list of research previously conducted by Jupiter’s Call, LCC. Note that these are examples, and we are very willing to accommodate a wide variety of research.
– construction of a short-term (0-1 hour) convective (“thunderstorm”) initiation algorithm
– processing of 12 years of half-hourly GOES data for solar insolation estimates (for use in estimating potential evapotranspiration on a statewide scale) for water resource management
– geo-spatial and geo-statistical analysis for new sensor placement studies
– data analysis for new sensor design on an international geostationary satellite (over Europe)
– development and implementation of rainfall-estimation and lightning products from satellite over the Continental U.S., Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean